Edelman CEO to Match Contributions to UCCRF on #GivingTuesday

Photo courtesey of Edelman

Richard Edelman, president and CEO of Edelman, the world’s largest public relations firm, writes a regular column on his firm’s Web site called 6 A.M., in which he muses about lessons he’s learned, insights acquired, and general trends in communications.

Today, he focused his blog on the concept of GivingTuesday, a two-year-old national day of giving to kick off the holiday season.

He discusses his involvement with the philanthropic movement and traces how it’s grown to involve the White House, Bill and Melinda Gates and other celebrities and corporate partners.

He concludes his post with this acknowledgement:

I just spent Thanksgiving at my late parents’ apartment in Chicago, going through old letters, packing up their clothes, which we will be donating to local charities. I am dedicating my “unselfie” to my friends at the University of Chicago Medical Center, specifically Dr. Wendy Stock, Dr. John Kress and Dr. Jesse Hall, whose dedication to their profession and kindness to my parents will never be forgotten. I will match any donations made today or tomorrow to this charity. Thanks to my entire community of readers for what you do to help your charitable causes.

Go to the address in the photo here to donate to the University of Chicago Cancer Research Foundation.

%d bloggers like this: