The University of Chicago Medicine invites female University of Chicago employees — as well as staff members’ wives, partners and adolescent daughters — to join its new Women’s Health Friends & Family Program.
During the UC open enrollment period next month, explanatory brochures will be included in 5,500 employee benefit packets. Key services include convenient appointments for obstetrics and gynecologic care, on-campus lab screenings, ultrasounds and mammograms. Appointments can be made by calling (773) 834-7999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program, based in Suite 3H in the Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine, is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on select weekdays. Ernst Lengyel, MD, PhD, Chairman, Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology, oversees this initiative, staffed by three women’s health specialists so far: Adrianne Dade, MD, Nicole Leong, MD, and Maryam Siddiqui, MD.
Feedback from UChicago Medicine employees has surpassed expectation to date. More than 120 staff members have become new patients since the program launched May 19.
One draw is the guarantee to be “in and out” in 55 minutes. The average patient was served within 38 minutes in August.
More from this issue:
- From Debi’s Desk – Autumn Updates
- UChicago Medicine Nursing Takes International Stage at July Conference
- Flu season underway with new helpful prompts, on-unit vaccine supply
- Women’s Health Services Expand to UChicago
- Daisy Award Program Returns to UChicago Medicine
- Nursing News In Brief – September 2014