This program is designed for clinicians who seek training and experience in medical ethics. Information about the program includes:
- Program begins with a five-week intensive introduction in the beginning of July 2015.
- Fellows meet one day a week for a structured ethics curriculum from September to June.
- Topics of study include Clinical Ethics, Conceptual Foundations of Health Law, Analytic Philosophy, and Research in Progress Seminars.
- Fellows also participate and are supervised in a busy ethics consultation service.
- Working with faculty mentors, each fellow will design and carry out a research project.
Two nursing fellowship opportunities are available. One is specifically allocated for a nurse in a direct staff support role; the other position is allocated for a nurse in any other nursing role, such as case management, leadership, nursing education.
All application forms and resumes must be in by January 5, 2015.
For more information:
Katherine Pakieser-Reed, PhD, RN,
Director, Center for Nursing Professional Practice and Research
Pager 9977; phone 773-834-3478
Clinical Nurse Ethicists:
Pat Gwizdalski, BSN, RN, CCRN email@example.com
Donna Lemmenes, MSN, APN, CPNP firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Valentine, BSN, RN email@example.com
Siv Sjursen, BSN, RN firstname.lastname@example.org
Ursula Dolan, BSN, RN, OCN email@example.com
LaTonya Anderson, BSN, RN firstname.lastname@example.org