DAISY Award Recipient – Caring for Physical and Emotional Needs

daisy_May-Robinson_224x271Today I witnessed extraordinary care by my extraordinary coworker.

Kim Robinson was made aware of a patient who had some debilitating mental health symptoms. After Kim received this information, she came to each Pre-Op nurse to make them aware of this patient in case they were assigned to the individual. Her concern moved me.

The patient was called to the Pre-Op area and Kim was assigned to the individual. Kim’s care and compassion almost brought me to tears.

It’s not only her excellent skills and care that she provides daily, but it’s the tenderness, patience, and compassion that make Kim one of the best nurses I have ever worked with. By caring for her patient’s physical needs and going above and beyond to care for the emotional needs of the person, Kim demonstrated a big reason why this hospital is successful.

I think this is a true example of a DAISY award recipient.

May and her colleagues in PreOp/PACU: Donna Morrone, BSN, RN (Patient Experience, from left, Gloria Escano, BSN, RN, Rosemary Recabar, BSN, RN, Rita Mays, BSN, RN, Nicola Carter, MSN, RN, CPAN, Kim Robinson, BSN, RN, CAPA, Beth Nardi, BSN, RN, (Patient Care Manager of PACU), Cynthia Evans, BSN, RN, CAPA, Jessica McKinney, MSN, RN, Gwendolyn Hicks, MSN, RN, CPAN, Mary Morris, CPAN, RN.

Kim and her colleagues in PreOp/PACU: Donna Morrone, BSN, RN (Patient Experience, from left, Gloria Escano, BSN, RN, Rosemary Recabar, BSN, RN, Rita Mays, BSN, RN, Nicola Carter, MSN, RN, CPAN, Kim Robinson, BSN, RN, CAPA, Beth Nardi, BSN, RN, (Patient Care Manager of PACU), Cynthia Evans, BSN, RN, CAPA, Jessica McKinney, MSN, RN, Gwendolyn Hicks, MSN, RN, CPAN, Mary Morris, CPAN, RN.

%d bloggers like this: