In an effort to improve the delivery of services to our patients and their families, we are reorganizing the Patient Care Services Department to streamline the reporting structure within areas of the University of Chicago Medicine that directly impact the experience of the patient.
The goal is to align the Department along key functional groups to give each division a clearer line-of-sight into how their goals support the broader UCM-wide mission of constantly improving the quality and safety of the care we give our patients and their families.
The new structure will also enable the leaders of these important areas to get the level of support they need from myself and other UCM senior leaders in order to be successful in the most effective manner.
Under the new structure, these sections and leaders will report directly to me:
- Adult Inpatient: Executive Director Corrin Steinhauer
- Patient Logistics: Executive Director Emily Lowder, PhD, RN, NE-BC.
- Ancillary Clinical Services: Executive Director Vikas Ghayal, MHA
- Professional Practice: Executive Director Katherine Pakieser-Reed, PhD, RN
- Laboratory Services: Executive Director Bob Bjorvik
- Administrative: Director Tracy Pietrzyk
- Innovation & Technology: Sally Walton, MSN, MBA, RN, OCN, NEA-BC
- Pharmacy: TBD
All of these health care professionals have shown a dedication and commitment to improving the care our patients receive.
I look forward to working with these leaders in the future.